After organizing an approximate calendar, the 2020 Formula 1 season should begin on the first weekend of July. After some discussions between the leaders of Formula 1, those of the Red Bull Ring which will host the races and the local government, a security plan has been put in place that will allow everything to take place within the limits of the measures taken to struggle COVID-19.
Despite the fact that Austrian health minister Rudi Anschober said earlier this week that the government had finished processing, the final decision will be known definitively after Pentecost.
The go-ahead was given just before Formula 1 revealed its plans regarding the European phase of the season.
There was also talk about audience.
As Die Motorprofis said, in addition to the implementation of the security measures, there was also talk of involving a limited number of spectators, 500 people maximum, even if this question has yet to be definitively established.
Ross Brawn, the MD of Formula 1 motorsport, previously said that F1 staff will be protected and isolated from the outside world.
Having to be protected, Formula 1 staff will travel on non-scheduled flights and land next to the Red Bull Ring, particularly at a military airport.
The controls will not be missing. Anyone entering Austria for Formula 1 will be tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus before they can enter the country. In addition, the teams will only attend their members and will stay in accommodation specially allocated for them.
ORF.at, one of the Austrian media, said that a confirmation would be needed from the Styrian Health Directorate and the Murtal District Administration.
In the event that these two race weekends went as hoped, then they could proceed with the following races, such as the one of July 19 in Budapest.
The two races that should be held at Silverstone in August will only take place if Formula 1 gets a waiver from the restrictions imposed on COVID-19.
You might also be interested in: